Anyway, onwards to the wedding-type stuff!
Magnolia Plantation is in the West Ashley area, which is very easily accessible from the two main highways/interstates/roads/whatever-you-want-to-call-them in Charleston, 26 and 526. Despite its closeness to civilization, it's hard to believe that you haven't time traveled when you visit here. There are gorgeous gardens for your guests to walk around in before or after the ceremony: the original owner wanted to give his wife somethi
ng that would make her happy. And wouldn't a fully landscaped garden complete with live oaks, ponds and gardenias make anyone happy?
The Veranda and Long Bridge Lawn
(L to R: the main house, Long Bridge lawn ceremony, Veranda re
- The Veranda on the main house, which will accommodate up to 150 people. The only downside to this option is that the house is open to the public until 5 PM, so your reception must begin after that time.
- The Long Bridge lawn (mentioned above as a ceremony option) can hold up to 200 people. The same time restrictions as the Veranda apply here as well.
Both of these areas have the same pricing:
- High Season: Monday-Thursday Night ($1500)/ Sunday and Friday Night ($2000)/ Saturday ($3000). High Season is considered from March through June and September through November.
- Low Season: Monday-Thursday Night ($1000)/ Sunday and Friday Night ($1500)/ Saturday ($2000). Low Season is considered as July and August, as well as December through February.
Carriage House Lawn and Carriage House
(L to R: Carriage House exterior, Carriage House interior, Lawn by the Wedding Oak)
Here, you could have a daytime or nighttime event. There is different pricing for each time of the day, for particular days of the week and for which particul
ar season you plan on getting married in. So complicated! Can seat 150-175 guests for a formal sit-down dinner, or 250 for a buffet/appetizers set-up.
- Daytime events (Sunday-Friday): High Season ($1000). Low Season ($750).
- Nighttime events: High Season, Monday-Thursday ($2000)/ Friday and Sunday ($2500). Low Season, Monday-Thursday ($1500)/ Friday and Sunday ($2000)
- High Season Saturdays (at any point during the day): $5000
- Low Season Saturdays (at any point during the day): $3500
- The use of the Carriage House does include 10 round tables, 80 chairs, a homemade wooden bar and the use of the bridal cottage on the property.
Conservatory and Schoolhouse Pond Lawn
(L to R: Conservatory patio overlooking the pond, Conservatory interior, Conservatory exterior)
50-75 people inside the Conservatory, or up to 200 if seated on the lawn.
- Daytime events (Sunday-Friday): High Season ($750)/ Low Season ($500)
- Nighttime events: High Season, Monday-Thursday ($1500)/ Friday or Sunday ($2000). Low season, Monday-Thursday ($1000), Friday or Sunday ($1500).
- High Season Saturdays (at any point during the day): $3000
- Low Season Saturdays (at any point during the day): $2000
- Table and chairs for 75 is included in the price.
- The Conservatory is a greenhouse, so it could get very, VERY warm during the Charleston summers. Just something to consider.
Whew! If you're ready to book, the events package with all the pertinent contact info and details is right here.